Professional photographers take pictures during the event. Find your photo in our photo gallery.
A Free Aviation Event
Presented By The First Canadian Ninety‑Nines
And Durham Flight Centre
On Saturday April 27th, 2019
Event Activities 9:00am to 4:00pm CLICK FOR EXHIBITOR LIST
Take a FREE Discovery Flight in a general aviation aircraft:
- For girls and young women, aged 8 to 25 years old
- Only for those who have never, ever flown in a small aircraft before
- Registration in advance is required
- Signed liability waiver is required
Everyone Is Welcome (no registration required):
- Aviation activities
- Build a wooden wing rib
- Talk like a pilot, using the phonetic alphabet
- Learn about airport operations and aircraft procedures
- Get information about Aviation and Aerospace Careers
- Interact with women of aviation, present and future
- Airline pilots from Porter, Air Canada, Sunwing, Jazz, Rouge, WestJet and Air Georgian
- General Aviation pilots (recreational, instructor, student)
- Aerospace Engineers
- Aviation Mechanics
- Air traffic controllers
- Royal Canadian Air Force officers
- Air Cadets
- Get up close and personal with some cool aircraft on static display Click for details
- Bombardier DHC-8 Q400 airliner (with a Porter all-female crew)
- Canadian Forces Bell CH-146 Griffon Search and Rescue helicopter
- (2) North American Aviation T-28 Trojan (tentative)
- Antonov An-2 biplane
- Durham Regional Police Bell JetRanger helicopter
- Pitts Special S2 aerobatic biplane
- CASARA Cessna 182 Search and Rescue aircraft
- Schweizer SGS 2-33A Glider
- De Havilland DHC-6 Twin Otter
- Spreading Wings S900 and SenseFly eBee UAS (drones) used commercially for digital image and thermal sensing
- Look at a Fire Truck and talk with Fire Fighters
- Browse aviation industry displays
- Tour a Bombardier Q400 Aircraft
- Porter Airlines is bringing a Q400 to Oshawa for the event with an all-female crew!
- The aircraft will be parked on the ramp outside Enterprise Airlines and will be available for tours!
Girls Take Flight Oshawa is an event hosted by the First Canadian Chapter of the Ninety-Nines and Enterprise Airlines/Durham Flight Centre to introduce girls and women to aviation.
This event is run entirely by volunteers.
Pilots donate their fuel and aircraft for girls and women who have never been for a flight in a small aircraft.
Enterprise Airlines / Durham Flight Centre
Oshawa Municipal Airport
1190 Keith Ross Drive
There is parking along Keith Ross Drive.
Also, watch for signs indicating parking
availability at local businesses.
There is also a large parking lot
at the Main Terminal on Airport Blvd.