Saturday April 21, 2018
A Free Aviation Event
Presented By The First Canadian Ninety‑Nines
And Durham Flight Centre
Event Activities 9:00am to 4:00pm
Everyone Is Welcome (no registration required):
- Aviation activities
- Get information about Aviation and Aerospace Careers Click for details
- Panel presentation: Flight school, College, Military approaches
- Watch presentations by inspiring women of aviation Click for details
- Julie Beverstein - Assistant Chief Pilot, Porter Airlines
- Katie Gammie - Captain at FlyGTA Airlines
- Nicky Godfrey - Chief Flight Instructor, Seneca College Aviation Technology program
- Megan Keeping - First Officer at Porter Airlines
- Captain Cindy Mausser - CAF Attractions and Diversity Officer / Pilot
- Melody Philistin - Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, WestJet
- Samantha Reid - Furnishing Technician, WestJet
- Navreet Saini - Aerospace Engineer, PAL Aerospace Engineering
- Lieutenant Seattle Tobin-Green - RCAF 408 Tactical Helicopter Squadron Edmonton
- Interact with women of aviation, present and future
- Airline pilots from Porter and Air Georgian
- General Aviation Pilots (recreational, instructor, student)
- Aerospace Engineer
- Aviation Mechanic
- Air traffic control
- Royal Canadian Air Force
- Air Cadets
- Get up close and personal with some cool aircraft Click for details
- Canadian Forces CC-130J Hercules
- Durham Regional Police JetRanger helicopter
- Pitts Special S2 aerobatic aircraft
- Schweizer SGS 2-33A Glider
- Aero L-29 Delfin military jet (morning)
- Piper Navajo Chieftan
- Look at a Fire Truck and talk with Fire Fighters
- Browse aviation industry displays
Take a FREE Flight in a general aviation aircraft:
- For girls and young women, aged 8 to 25 years old
- Registration in advance is required
- Signed liability waiver is required
- Registration for the free flights is full!
Please come to the event to enjoy the presentations, displays and activities.
Girls Take Flight Oshawa is an event hosted by the First Canadian Chapter of the Ninety-Nines and Enterprise Airlines/Durham Flight Centre to introduce girls and women to aviation.
This event is run entirely by volunteers.
Pilots donate their fuel and aircraft for girls and women who have never been for a flight in a small aircraft.
Enterprise Airlines / Durham Flight Centre
Oshawa Municipal Airport
1190 Keith Ross Drive
There is parking along Keith Ross Drive.
Also, watch for signs indicating parking
availability at local businesses.
There is also a large parking lot
at the Main Terminal on Airport Blvd.
Professional photographers take pictures during the event. Find your photo in our photo gallery.