Saturday April 29, 2023 (Rain Date Sunday)
Saturday April 29, 2023
10:00am to 4:00pm
Free Aviation and Aerospace Expo
Everyone Is Welcome!
- Admission is free
- Browse aviation industry displays and exhibits
- Aviation activities
- Fly an F18 Cockpit Simulator (RCAF)
- Build a wooden wing rib (RAA)
- Talk like a pilot, using the phonetic alphabet (NAV Canada)
- Learn about airport operations and aircraft procedures
- Take part in an aviation scavenger hunt (COPA)
- Make a balsa wood glider (COPA)
- Try out a Virtual Reality Simulator (OAC)
- Try out a PC Flight Simulator (Air Cadets)
- Try out an iPad Flight Simulator (COPA/Infinite Flight)
- Get information about Aviation and Aerospace Careers
- Commercial pilot
- Air traffic control
- Aircraft maintenance and repair
- Aerospace engineering
- Military aviation
- Joining the Air Cadets
- Interact with women of aviation, present and future
- Airline Pilots
- General Aviation Pilots
- Aerospace Engineers
- Aviation Mechanics
- Air Traffic Controllers
- Royal Canadian Air Force Officers
- Air Cadets
- Watch presentations by women who have excelled in the aerospace industry
- Learn what is involved getting a pilot license
- Get up close and personal with some cool aircraft on static display
- Porter De Havilland DHC-8 Q400
- Durham Regional Police Bell JetRanger helicopter
- Bell OH58 (Kiowa) miltary helicopter
- Antonov An-2 biplane
- 1943 Fleet PT-26 Cornell
- Seneca School of Aviation Cessna 172
- Pitts S2 aerobatic biplane
- Several aircraft have been invited, but have not yet confirmed:
- Canadian Forces Boeing CH-47 Chinook twin rotor helicopter
- ORNGE AgustaWestland AW139 medical helicopter
- CASARA Cessna 182 Search and Rescue aircraft
- Air Cadet Schweizer SGS 2-33A Glider
- Look at a Fire Truck and talk with Fire Fighters
- Tour a Bombardier Q400 Aircraft
- Porter Airlines is bringing a Q400 to Oshawa for the event with an all-female crew!
- Sit in the cockpit and feel what it is like to be an airline pilot
Discovery Flights - Registration Required
Take a FREE Discovery Flight in a general aviation aircraft:
- For girls and women, aged 8 and older
- Only for those who have never, ever flown in a small aircraft before
- Signed liability waiver is required
- Must register on-line in advance to fly
Discovery Flight Registration opens 10:00am April 6th.
Link will appear here when registration is open.
Girls Take Flight Oshawa is an event hosted by the First Canadian Chapter of the Ninety-Nines and Durham Flight Centre to introduce girls and women to aviation.
This event is run entirely by volunteers.
Pilots donate their fuel and aircraft for girls and women who have never been for a flight in a small aircraft.
Durham Flight Centre / Enterprise Airlines
Oshawa Municipal Airport
1190 Keith Ross Drive
There is parking along Keith Ross Drive.
Also, watch for signs indicating parking availability at local businesses.
There is also a large parking lot at the Main Terminal on Airport Blvd.
Professional photographers take pictures during the event. Each year is a separate album.